What Is Fayette Safe Rx?
Fayette Safe Rx is a multi-sector alliance in Fayette aiming to lower opioid harms:
- Promote safe storage and secure disposal of Rx
- Increase community collaboration in this effort.
This alliance has been collaborating on DEA Take Back Days since 2017. Due to a $100,000 Federal grant in 2022 to the Fayetteville Police Department, this alliance has been able to expand work in the community by expanding resources available to help people safely dispose of medicines.
This grant has paid for 17,000 Deterra medicine disposal pouches, 1000 medicine safe lockboxes and 3 drug Drop Boxes in the community.
The following organizations are the backbone of Fayette Safe Rx:
- City of Fayetteville Police Department (the actual grantee)
- Fayette FACTOR and Drug Free Fayette
- In Ryan’s Name, Inc.
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital
- Georgia Department of Public Health, District 4
- Fayette County Sheriff’s Office
- Peachtree City Police Department
- Georgia Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Initiative
- Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office
- US Congressman David Scott
How You Can Help
- Take 2 Deterra pouches
- Take Deterra for clients / patients
- Drop off unused medications at law enforcement
- Take and use a medicine lock box
- Join Fayette Safe Rx team
Contact DrugFreeFayette@fayettefactor.org with any inquiries, or if you would like to get free Deterra drug disposal pouches.